Cosmetic Products industry is one of the major contributors to world economy as it provides total 13 to 18% of direct & indirect employment across the globe.
The global cosmetic product market had been valued at 532.43 billion USD in 2017 & is expected to grow at great space & register CARG of 7.14% during 2018-2023. It is expected to reach market value of USD 805.61 billion by 2023. (Source: Reuters.com)
Renowned cosmetic company of India known for their brill & top-notch quality cosmetic products were looking for high efficiency sifting machine at their new plant for new product – Cosmetic Colors.
They were looking for screener that can help them to get fine quality of cosmetic powder to make cosmetic colors.
Raw Cosmetic Powder contains ferrous particles & might have lumps, oversize particles along with other foreign contaminants. This all needs to be removed & separated from cosmetic powder before final packing to achieve High Quality Product.
Our Technical Expert communicated with Production Head of the company to know actual problems & concerns.
The production head quoted “We conducted test sifting using round vibration sifter for almost 2 months during pre-lab testing, but we aren’t getting the precise screening”
“The per day output we want versus the output we get is quite low & apart from that it requires high maintenance. Also, we get mid-level quality of powder as round separators aren’t capable of removing iron & ferrous particles from the powder” he added.
To which our technical expert said “We can surely resolve the issues you are currently facing with Inline Sivtek dual motor”
Further during the conversation Production Head said “The cosmetic powder is directly applied to the body and any minute quality issue can cause suffering to the customers. Rust is always a concern with cosmetic powders! The trial we conducted with round sifter was made from mild steel & chances of rust being contaminated with powder were very high. Rust degrades the product quality”
After having detailed conversation with Production head, here are the key issues highlighter.
- Output per Day. (Throughput)
- Not able to eliminate ferrous (iron) particles from Cosmetic Powder causing quality issues.
- Chances of Rust being entered in the Cosmetic Powder.
Technical expert at Galaxy Sivtek suggested to install Stainless Steel made Inline Sivtek® Dual Motor with a Magnetic Grill attached on outlet as shown in image.
Reasons why Stainless Steel made Inline Sivtek® Dual Motor was suggested were as follows –
- Inline Sivtek Dual motor comes with two vertically mounted motors on each side. Due to vibration from both the ends vertical, horizontal & the circular motion (3D motion known as 3-dimensional motion) is generated that helps in increasing vibration & throughput capacity & reduces the sieving process time. So, the issue of Output per Day can be solved.
- To solve the problem of rust being entered in powder, we suggested to install machine made up of high-grade Stainless Steel. If machine was of less corrosion resistant grade of steel, problem of rust would have stayed intact & that could have downgraded their product quality.
- Suggestion for attaching Magnetic Grill on outlet was made to make sure that all ironized & ferrous particles are removed & separated.
The Production Head of the company agreed with the suggestion of installing Inline Sivtek® Dual Motor made of High-Quality Stainless Steel with magnetic grill attached at outlet.
After using the machine for almost 4 months the Production Head had word with Sales Engineer & he said
"Extremely happy with the decision of installing Dual Motor Inline Sivtek! Inline Sivtek has not only solved all the issues, but also have helped us in utilizing space in our production plant without making any changes in our existing placements”