One of the leading soy manufacturer from India approached Galaxy Sivtek for Screening solution of their Soy Lecithin Powder that they used in manufacturing of various pharma powders & medicines.
Production head of the plant approached us through internal reference as we had already supplied our machine in their various plants at different locations all over India.
He explained us challenge they were facing while screening of Soy Lecithin powder with competitor made vibro separator. Extracts of challenges from the detailed conversation are as stated below.
- Mesh Choking: One of the biggest issues was of Mesh Choking due to nature & characteristic of Soy Lecithin Powder. Soya Lecithin powder is hydroscopic in nature. It absorbs moisture from air & form sticky layers, lumps & this layers choke (Blocks) the mesh. (As shown in below image)
- Frequent Cleaning: With competitor made machines they had to clean mesh every 2 hours due to more & more choking & blocking of mesh.
- Contamination: Due to frequent cleaning with brush, chances of fiber from brush to get mixed with material was high, raising the issue of safety with product. (As shown in below image)
- Capacity: Due to mesh choking the required capacity of output was not able to achieve.
- Production loss: Due to frequent breakdowns for cleaning & maintenance production was being suffered.
After understanding real time issues & their requirements, our product expert suggested to conduct a trial with Sivtek® Vibro Separator (GS-48) along with VDS – Vibrasonic Deblending System.
It was decided to conduct a trial at their plant itself as the plant had proper Online feeding system & also proper set up for maintaining room temperature. (It becomes easy to sieve soy lecithin if proper & constant room temperature is maintained)
The trial screening test was successful & the company agreed to replace their old machines with our Sivtek® Vibro Separator (GS-48) with Vibrasonic Deblending Kit (2 Nos).
The result was as expected & all the problems were solved that they were facing with competitor made machine.
Mesh Choking solved: GS-48 being configured with Vibrosonic Deblending Kit solved the problem of Mesh choking as Vibrosonic Deblending System prevents blocking of mesh & helps in maintaining consistent flow rates.
Frequent Cleaning problem solved: Frequent cleaning was required only due to mesh blocking, but with help of VDS this problem was also solved & now frequent cleaning was not required.
Contamination problem solved: Previously for cleaning they used brush which lead into contamination of fibers from brush, which was now solved as cleaning was not required.
Capacity as in output was now able to deliver as mesh blocking was resolved.
Production loss was now intangible as no process was running continuously without aby major breakdowns.